Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan represent the most anti-senior ticket in our nation’s history.
Their ticket and the Romney/Ryan Budget pose unprecedented threats to all Iowans, particularly Iowa seniors. We are calling on Iowa’s Congressional delegation to reject the Romney/Ryan Budget, and protect the programs that benefit our seniors.
Here are just a few examples of the disastrous impact of the Romney/Ryan Budget:
- Ends Medicare as we know it for more than 500,000 Iowans
- Throws more than 60,000 seniors back in the prescription drug “donut hole”
- Forces more than 400,000 Iowa seniors to pay for preventive health services
Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security have been the foundation of health care and economic security for Iowa seniors. We have been fighting to preserve and strengthen these programs for decades. With the passage of Obamacare, we have secured that foundation and made significant progress.
To help cut through the political rhetoric about Obamacare, here are a few of the facts:
- Since its passage, Iowa seniors have saved more than $32 million on prescription drugs
- Because of Obamacare, More than 400,000 Iowa seniors have received free preventive care
- The solvency of the Medicare Trust Fund is extended by reducing overpayments to insurance companies and cracking down on waste, fraud and abuse
We have fought too hard to let our progress be reversed. Join us today and call on Iowa’s delegation to say YES to preserving Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and Obamacare, and say NO to the disastrous Romney/Ryan Budget.